The secure site on ameriprise.com FAQ
- What is the secure site on ameriprise.com?
- Can corporations register for the secure site on ameriprise.com?
- What are the guidelines for creating user IDs and passwords?
- How do I change my password or user ID?
- What should I do if my access is suspended?
- What are the browser requirements for accessing my accounts online?
- What can I do if some areas of your website are not displaying correctly?
- What should I do if I can't access the site?
- What does it mean to clear my browser's cache and how do I do it?
- Why can I access my accounts at home, but not at work?
- What can I do if I have problems accessing through AOL?
- Can I use favorites or bookmarks?
- Does the secure site on ameriprise.com use pop-up windows?
The secure site on ameriprise.com allows you to check balances, access online statements and e-delivery, pay bills, communicate securely with your advisor and more. Learn more about the secure site on ameriprise.com
Yes, once eligibility is verified, corporations can gain access to the secure site on ameriprise.com. To verify eligibility, a company representative should call customer service at 800.862.7919.
Your user ID must contain:
- Five to 20 characters
- At least one letter
- No spaces and no special characters, such as: & > * $ @
Your password must contain:
- Six to 16 characters
- At least one letter
- At least one number
- At least one special character, such as: ! & * $ @
To change your password, you'll have to know your user ID. Log in to the secure site, go to My Profile, and select Change Password. If you do not have your secure site user ID, or wish to change it, you will need to contact us at 800.862.7919.
Your access could be suspended if you enter an incorrect user ID and password combination several times. To retrieve a forgotten user ID or receive a temporary password, please contact us at 800.862.7919.
A supported browser: Our sites are best viewed with a modern version of one of the supported browsers listed below.
To upgrade your browser or try a different one, select a link below:
- 128-bit encryption: Also called domestic, U.S.-grade or strong encryption, this encodes information so it cannot be read without decoding.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) version 3.0 protocol: This ensures that communication between your computer and our web server can't be interrupted or intercepted by an unauthorized user.
- Cookies enabled: This allows the site to recognize you.
If the browser you are using is Internet Explorer, some areas of ameriprise.com — including the secure site — might display incorrectly if Compatibility View is turned on in your browser settings.
To help ensure that the website displays correctly, try one of the options below:
- Check to see if Compatibility View is turned on. If it is, turn it off. Get instructions.
- Access our site using a different browser, such as Chrome or Firefox.
There are several solutions that may resolve this particular issue:
- Clear your browser's cache.
- Make sure your system date and time are correct.
- Edit your Bookmark, or Favorite, to ensure you have not bookmarked a secure page. You may have bookmarked an out-of-date location.
- Download the latest service pack for your browser for Internet Explorer® or Netscape.
- Make sure your browser's privacy settings are set to medium.
Your browser stores recently visited web pages in a cache directory on your hard drive to save time and allow pages to load faster. Occasionally, some saved information can become corrupted and cause problems when a page is loading or the browser attempts to run a web page application. Clearing the cache replaces the corrupt information by reloading pages directly from the server. Please consult your browser's help section for instructions.
You could be hitting your company's firewall, which was set up to protect your company network from Internet activity. Check with your network administrator to see if your company has access restrictions and if they can be lifted for access to our site. Home computer firewalls may also prevent you from accessing your accounts online.
If you have difficulty using the AOL® browser, try connecting using the Internet Explorer browser on your desktop. To do this, remain logged into AOL, but minimize the AOL window so you can locate Internet Explorer on your desktop. Click the Internet Explorer icon, then go to our site.
We recommend that you only bookmark ameriprise.com, which contains a login box to access your accounts.
This site may use pop-up windows for some information. We recommend that you configure pop-up blocking software to exclude our sites.