Ameriprise Financial Online Security Guarantee
Since Ameriprise Financial was founded in 1894 we've been putting clients first, helping them through good times and bad times, and never taking a bailout. At Ameriprise Financial, we value your relationship and look forward to helping you achieve more of your goals in life. We understand that protecting your assets and identity is important to you. That's why we have safeguards in place to help keep your accounts safe and secure. We are committed to our clients and their privacy, and use leading technology to protect both financial and personal information.
Ameriprise Financial will insure 100% of the value of funds taken from your account due to unauthorized online activity, if we conclude that the funds were taken from your account through no fault of your own. To qualify for this guarantee, you must comply with the Client Online Security Responsibilities listed below.
Client Online Security Responsibilities
Online security is a working partnership. We are dedicated to maximizing the safety of your accounts and your personal information. In order for us to offer you protection, you must take the following steps:
Review your accounts regularly
- Promptly and completely review all information we send you. You can also access your accounts online to check specific transactions or get more frequent information.
Promptly report suspected errors or discrepancies
- Report any incidents such as suspected unauthorized transactions, unauthorized access, or account changes to Ameriprise Financial by calling 1-800-862-7919 and asking for client web support. You must notify us of unauthorized activity within 60 days after the date we send the account statement showing that unauthorized activity. We will respond to you within 5 business days.
Protect your ameriprise.com user name, password and account related information
- Make sure your user name and password are unique and strong, with a combination of letters and numbers. Also, make sure your password includes at least one special character, such as !, &, #, $, or @.
- Select security questions and provide unique answers that only you will know.
- Never share your user name, password, or other account-related information with anyone. If you share this information with anyone, we’ll consider their activities to have been authorized by you.
- Do not store your user name, password, or answers to security questions in your browser.
- If you write down your user name or account number, store this information in a secure place, away from your computer or mobile device. Never write down your password or challenge question responses.
- Always log out and close your browser window or mobile app after signing off.
- Do not leave your electronic devices unattended while logged on to ameriprise.com
Protect your computer and mobile devices
- Make certain that any electronic device you use to access Ameriprise.com has up-to-date security and anti-spyware, antivirus, and firewall software.
- Beware of accessing your accounts on a wireless network, particularly if that network is in an unsecured area.
Do not reply to email requests for personal or financial information
- Do not respond to, open an attachment in, or click on a link within an email if you suspect the message is fraudulent. Ameriprise Financial will never ask for personal information such as your social security number, account numbers, or passwords in an email.
Form a working partnership with us
- Cooperate fully with Ameriprise Financial in investigating and prosecuting any unauthorized activity in your account, and follow our recommendations about how to protect your account. You may need to file a police report, complete a notarized affidavit, or permit access to your computer and mobile device for us to effectively investigate fraudulent activity.
For more information
To learn more about the steps you can take to help protect your account and personal information, review “How you can protect yourself – online and mobile” in the Ameriprise Financial Privacy and Security Center.