Ameriprise® Personal Trust Services
Creating a trust is a collaborative effort involving you, an Ameriprise financial advisor, and tax and estate lawyers. Ameriprise® Personal Trust Services provides professional fiduciary services to help ensure the legacy you desire is carried out according to your wishes.
How we can help
Trusts are often the outcome of a well-thought out estate plan. When you choose to work with an Ameriprise financial advisor and Ameriprise Personal Trust Services, you will have access to a team of professionals that can help you:
- Control how your assets are distributed
- Potentially reduce taxes and transfer costs
- Protect your assets according to your intentions
- Create a lasting financial legacy
Ameriprise trust solutions
Revocable living trusts
Revocable living trusts provide the most flexible options:
- Alter, amend, or revoke the trust terms whenever you choose
- Provide privacy and help simplify your estate settlement – particularly if you own property in more than one state
- Helpful if you are injured or incapacitated and can't manage your own financial affairs
Irrevocable trusts cannot be changed once established, but offer these benefits:
- Provide estate tax savings or liability protection for family members
- Reduce the size of your estate by gifting assets to your family via the trust
- Fundable during your life as well as after your death
Created as part of your will, testamentary trusts only take effect after your passing.
- May help reduce estate taxes
- Enable you to exercise control over how your assets will be used after your death
Charitable trusts are irrevocable trusts designed to ultimately benefit a chosen charity.
- Defer capital gains taxes on appreciated assets
- Reduce your estate tax liability and provide an income stream for you or another individual
Specialty trusts are used in unique circumstances:
- To provide for heirs with physical or developmental disabilities
- To protect the interests of unmarried life partners
- Also, if you use a professional trustee, a specialty trust can help ensure the tax deferral of your IRA assets for your heirs after your death
Ameriprise National Trust Bank provides personal trust services to clients of Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. Ameriprise National Trust Bank and Ameriprise Financial Services are subsidiaries of Ameriprise Financial, Inc. Neither Ameriprise National Trust Bank nor Ameriprise financial advisors are authorized to give legal or tax advice. For specific legal or tax matters, clients should consult with their own legal and/or tax advisors.
Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. Member FINRA and SIPC.