The Ameriprise Professional Alliance Program
Working together, achieving more
You want to give your clients the very best direction to help them address their financial and investment challenges. One way to do this is to expand your menu of services to provide financial solutions that match their specific investment needs, whether simple or sophisticated. An alliance with Ameriprise Financial can help you do that.
Through our Professional Alliance Program, you'll team up with an Ameriprise financial advisor to deliver the comprehensive financial planning approach your clients need. You'll have the opportunity to expand the value of your business, deepen existing client relationships, boost client retention and grow your client base through referrals and networking. Read on to learn more about the advantages of our financial advisor referral program.
Professional Alliance Program benefits
- Improve your clients' experience. Clients today, particularly the affluent, expect a high level of service and commitment. With the Professional Alliance program, you can address your clients' financial challenges and provide a higher quality client experience resulting in a greater appreciation for the relationship.
- Increase client retention. Strengthen long-term loyalty by adding value to your existing relationships.
- Distinguish yourself from your peers. Offer more solutions for clients with sophisticated needs while still focusing on your core strengths. Your expertise is why they stay with you.
There are a number of ways to participate in the financial advisor referral program, from very informal to formal. You choose the option that works best for you, your clients, and your practice.
Center of Influence referral relationship
- For non-licensed professionals
- Informal relationship with an Ameriprise financial advisor
- You and advisor exchange referrals from time to time
- No payment or gifts for referrals
Fixed payment referral relationship
- For non-licensed professionals
- Business agreement with an Ameriprise financial advisor
- Earn fixed payment for new clients referred
Compensation share referral relationship
- For securities licensed professionals
- Formal agreement with an Ameriprise financial advisor
- Earn commission on products your referrals purchase
- You must hold/obtain, at a minimum, the Series 6 and 63 to participate. It is recommended that all professionals obtain Series 7 and Series 66 (or Series 63 and 65) and state insurance licenses to help increase the potential benefit of the program
- Advisor covers the costs of licensing, processing payments and program management
Advisory fee share referral relationship
- For larger scale firms interested in revenue sharing
- Established, written 3rd party solicitor's agreement with an Ameriprise financial advisor
- Firm is eligible to receive a portion of the advisory fees from referrals
Partner with Ameriprise Financial
Interested in learning more about our financial advisor referral program? Ameriprise Financial has more than 125 years of history helping clients reach their financial goals. We've earned credibility by growing responsibly, making sound investments and prudently managing risk. We develop deep, long-lasting client relationships with our comprehensive approach to financial planning and broad set of product solutions.
Investment products are not insured by the FDIC, NCUA or any federal agency, are not deposits or obligations of, or guaranteed by any financial institution, and involve investment risks including possible loss of principal and fluctuation in value.
Ameriprise Financial cannot guarantee future financial results.