If disaster strikes or accidents happen, filing your claim starts here.
We’re here for you, especially when you file a claim. From rear-end collisions to damage to your home, we’ll help you through the claims process.
Start a simple claim online or contact one of our customer care representatives for help reporting damages to your home or auto.
Whether you are filing a home insurance claim or an auto insurance claim, we’ve pulled together step-by-step guides so you know what to expect during the claims process.
We’ll work with you to process your claim as quickly as possible. To help, we’ve pulled together an overview of the most common claims and what you can expect when filing those claims.
A special message to our Illinois policyholders
Due to the recent severe storms in Illinois, and in an effort to comply with the Illinois Department of Insurance Bulletin 2015-08, we will apply a reasonableness standard and err on the side of the consumer whenever possible in matters related to the recent disaster in DeKalb and Ogle counties. In addition, we have implemented the following provisions:
- Any cancellation or nonrenewal issued on or after April 9, 2015 will be withdrawn and the policy reinstated without a lapse in coverage.
- We will not issue any new cancellations or nonrenewals until June 9, 2015.
- We will refrain from cancelling or nonrenewing policies of storm-affected property due to an increase in the risk originally accepted or the geographic location of the risk.
- We are granting an extension of 60 days minimum on policy provision and other requirements that impose a time limit on insureds or claimants.
- In the event repairs cannot be completed within the time required under any policy, we will provide an extension of not less than 60 days.
- You may contact the Illinois Department of Insurance to file a complaint regarding any disaster-related dispute or issue. Their complaint hotline is 1-866-445-5364 and website is http://insurance.illinois.gov/Home/ComplaintLinks.asp