Filing a Homeowners Insurance Claim
What can I expect when I file a homeowners insurance claim?
Whether your home sustained damage from fire, wind, hail, theft or other disaster, the first step is to file a home insurance claim. Here are some common questions – and answers – to what happens when you file a home insurance claim.
There are a handful of things to help speed things along:
- Mitigate the damage. It's important that your home does not sustain more damage because of the existing damage: Like a hole in the roof after a storm that goes uncovered and then it rains again.
- Take digital photos of the loss. Then, send them our way.
- Preserve the evidence. Start an inventory of all that you lost.
- Call us as soon as you can. Get in touch with us as soon as you're able so we can get the ball rolling on your claim.
- Send us the inventory of items you lost as soon as you're able.