If disaster strikes or accidents happen, filing your claim starts here.
We’re here for you, especially when you file a claim. From rear-end collisions to damage to your home, we’ll help you through the claims process.
Start a simple claim online or contact one of our customer care representatives for help reporting damages to your home or auto.
Whether you are filing a home insurance claim or an auto insurance claim, we’ve pulled together step-by-step guides so you know what to expect during the claims process.
We’ll work with you to process your claim as quickly as possible. To help, we’ve pulled together an overview of the most common claims and what you can expect when filing those claims.
A special message to our Illinois policyholders
Due to the storms in Illinois on November 17, 2013, and in an effort to comply with the Illinois Department of Insurance Bulletin 2013-18, we have implemented the following provisions:
- Any cancellation or nonrenewal issued on or after November 10, 2013 on any policy issued to an affected policyholder or for affected property will be withdrawn and the policy reinstated without a lapse in coverage.
- We will not issue any new cancellations or nonrenewals to affected policyholders or for affected property until January 11, 2014.
- We will refrain from cancelling or nonrenewing policies of storm-affected property due to an increase in the risk originally accepted or the geographic location of the risk.
- We are granting an extension of 60 days minimum on policy provisions and other requirements that impose a time limit on insureds or claimants.
- In the event repairs on affected property cannot be completed within the time required under any policy, we will provide an extension of not less than 60 days.
- We will consider exceptions to other policy or contract requirements that are not met as a result of this disaster.
- You may contact the Illinois Department of Insurance to file a complaint regarding any disaster-related dispute or issue. Their complaint hotline is 1-866-445-5364 and website is http://insurance.illinois.gov/Home/ComplaintLinks.asp