Both clients and employees benefit from our inclusive culture
Diversity is reflected in everything that drives our success – from our people, corporate values and business strategy to our culture and history of giving back to our communities where we live and work.
Our business is built one relationship at a time. We need a wide variety of employees to build relationships with our changing client base to stay competitive. This variety of experiences, opinions and lifestyles enhances our organization and helps us better understand each other and our clients. We embrace diversity at the highest levels of leadership:
- We invest in our employees and strive to maximize the diverse experience on our teams to drive innovation, build talent and strengthen our client relationships.
- We empower and encourage employees to grow and develop.
- We welcome all employees to contribute ideas and add value to our strategies.
- We volunteer time and contribute resources to organizations and people in need.
- Our grant-making efforts are focused where we can best leverage our resources, meet needs in the community and match the interests of our employees.
Consumers, clients and employees can see that we're sensitive to their needs, accept and understand their perspectives, and value and support them and their communities.
Throughout the year, we host a wide variety of events to enhance our inclusive culture. This includes a quarterly global Diversity Speaker Series and our annual Global Inclusion Week that helps to build cultural awareness and engagement with all our employees and advisors.
"Diversity and inclusion is a journey — not a destination. It’s our ongoing commitment to and celebration of the unique attributes we bring to the workplace every day."
Chairman and CEO
Ameriprise Financial business resource networks
We demonstrate our commitment to inclusion through more than a dozen networks. These networks provide opportunities for professional development and relationship building while promoting awareness and community service.
BEN – Black Employee Network
CHAI – Jewish Interest Network
EWEx – East-West Exchange, Asian-American Employee Network
FLS – Family and Life Stages Network
HOLA – Hispanos, Latinos & Amigos Network
MECCA –Muslim Employees Connecting and Contributing to Ameriprise
PRIDE – Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning Network
SALT – Christian Employee Network
SANA – South Asian Network of Ameriprise
STRIVE – Abilities Network
VETNET – Veteran's Employee Network
WIN – Women's Interest Network
YPN – Young Professionals Network