Taking care of yourself and your clients
Whether you are sunsetting or selling your practice, we'll help you do it in a way that makes sense for you and your business. Our succession strategy specialists will help you find the right successor who shares your values and vision for your practice — someone who will take care of your clients the way you do.
Sunsetting your practice — Ameriprise Advisor Group
We believe that advisors who have served their clients well deserve to be rewarded.
Benefits of our Sunset Program
- Opportunity to earn up to 250% of your production
- Compensation can be paid to a deceased advisor’s estate or beneficiary
The program also offers qualifying advisors* a three-year plan to make a smooth transition to the firm in anticipation of a planned exit from the business. First, join Ameriprise Financial as an experienced advisor — then, after three years, you can work with your field leader to transition your practice to a ready advisor.
*Advisors must be affiliated with Ameriprise for 3 or more years to qualify.
Selling your practice — Ameriprise Franchise Group
Whenever you’re ready, our succession program can help you unlock the equity you’ve built in your practice and transfer your accounts to a successor who will take care of your clients. You can exit the business in two ways: either over time to maintain income, or by selling directly through our internal market of ready buyers.
The right succession strategy for you depends on your personal objectives:
- Practice valuation — The practice acquisition team will help you understand what your practice is worth, based on our industry knowledge and experience.
- Choosing a successor — As we learn more about your practice, we’ll help you identify advisors who share your values and provide the same outstanding services you offer.
- Timing — You’ll have the flexibility to choose whether you transition over time, team with an advisor or scale back and work only with select clients.