Taking care of yourself and your clients
Whether sunsetting or selling your practice, we'll help you do it your way. Our succession strategy specialists will help you find a successor who shares your values and vision for your practice — someone who will take care of your clients the way you do.
Sunsetting your practice — Ameriprise Advisor Group
We believe advisors who have served their clients well deserve to be rewarded. Qualifying advisors1 in the Ameriprise Advisor Group can benefit in multiple ways from our Sunset Program:
- For advisors affiliated with Ameriprise for 3 or more years
- Opportunity to earn up to 250% of your production
- Compensation can be paid to a deceased advisor’s estate or beneficiary
The program also offers qualifying advisors a three-year plan to make a smooth transition to the firm in anticipation of a planned exit from the business. First, join Ameriprise as an experienced advisor. Then, after three years, you can work with your field leader to transition your practice to a ready advisor.
Selling your practice — Ameriprise Franchise Group
Whenever you're ready to exit the business, our succession program can help you unlock the equity in your practice and transfer your accounts to a successor who will take care of your clients. You can exit the business over time to maintain income, or sell directly through our internal market of ready buyers.
The right succession strategy for you depends on your personal objectives — consider these factors that Ameriprise can assist with:
- Practice valuation — The practice acquisition team will help you understand what your practice is worth, based on our industry knowledge and experience.
- Choosing a successor — We’ll assist you in finding a successor who shares the vision and values you have for your practice.
- Timing — You’ll have the flexibility to choose whether you transition over time, team with an advisor, or scale back and work only with select clients.