Ameriprise app FAQ
Ameriprise Financial offers apps compatible with most devices on the following operating systems:
- Android - OS 4.4 and up
- Apple - iOS 7.0 and up
You can download the most recent version of the Ameriprise app directly from your mobile device by going to the app store available on your device.
You can also download the Ameriprise app by going to ameriprise.com/mobile from the web browser on your mobile device and choosing a download option.
The Ameriprise app for mobile devices is covered by safeguards similar to those we use to protect your privacy and security online.
How we protect you:
- We don't display full account numbers.
- We don't store your password on your device.
- We only store your User ID and advisor contact information on your device if you ask us to remember it.
- We may occasionally ask you to answer a security question (that you created upon registration) to verify your identity.
- We utilize encryption and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to mask your sensitive information and ensure it is transmitted via a secure environment.
- We log you out after 5 minutes of inactivity.
- Your private information is automatically cleared from your device when you log out from the application.
In addition, you can help protect your information by following these steps:
- Use the log out action provided in our app.
- Use only wireless networks you trust.
- Do not share your password with others.
- Choose a strong, complex password.
- Do not use the same password for all of your accounts.
- Check your total asset value and account information, including balances, positions and recent activity at the account and portfolio levels
- View portfolio allocation and progress
- Get a more complete financial picture by viewing accounts you add to Total View
- Deposit checks into certain Ameriprise brokerage accounts
- Make one-time or recurring transfers:
- From an external bank account to your eligible Ameriprise® accounts
- From your eligible Ameriprise accounts to an external bank account
- Between your eligible Ameriprise accounts
- Research market news and security quotes
- View and send email to your advisor and others using Message Center
- View your Meetings
- Enroll in Ameriprise app notifications which will alert you when certain actions occur (to access notifications, make sure to download and update the latest version of the Ameriprise app; see “How do I download the Ameriprise app?”)
- Contact your advisor or customer service
- Find an advisor, if you don't already have one
Additional features and functionality are being considered for future releases of the app.
At this time, most of the Ameriprise Financial products and accounts that display for you when you log in to ameriprise.com can also be viewed in the app. Additional products and accounts — including outside accounts you may have added to Total View — are being considered for future releases.
For the most complete view of your Ameriprise Financial accounts, please log in to the secure site on ameriprise.com.