Where can I find my Ameriprise login credentials for importing tax data to TurboTax?
The Package ID and Document ID found on the first page of your tax document package(s) are your login credentials. Your login credentials are different every year.
Each 2022 year-end tax package you receive from Ameriprise will have different login credentials and must be imported separately.
Enter your Package ID and Document ID in the fields below:
- Account: Enter ‘Package ID’ without spaces; not case sensitive
- Document ID: without spaces; not case sensitive
If you receive corrected tax documents your log-in credentials will always remain the same as they were on the year-end tax package. For more information, see “If I receive a corrected tax document, will the updated tax data be available to import?” below.
Who is able to import account information into TurboTax?
- Ameriprise clients who have access to the TurboTax software or online products can use the import feature. See the list of tax documents that can be imported below in “Which tax form data will be available to import?”
- You may also import and share your Ameriprise tax data with your tax preparers who have access to Intuit® Accountants tax preparation products. For more information, see “Tax data import for tax professionals” section below.
When will 2022 tax data be available to import?
- 2022 tax data will be available to import starting in early February 2023 after tax documents are mailed and available online.
- Review the tax document mailing dates to determine when tax data will be available for various products and documents.
- You will receive an invalid login error message if you attempt to enter your login credentials before the data is available.
Note: Until tax data becomes available in early February, you will see a screen “No Documents Currently Available for Import”, which lets you know when tax data for various documents will be available to import. Attempts to download tax data prior to those dates will be unsuccessful and result in an error message.
- Tax data for tax year 2022 will remain available for import through the middle of October 2023. The exact date has not been set yet, but it will be close to the expiration of the 2022 filing extension on October 15, 2022, when the IRS discontinues e-filing.
Which tax information will be available to import?
- Form 1099-B, Proceeds from Broker and Barter Exchange Transactions
- Form 1099-DIV, Dividends and Distributions
- Form 1099-INT, Interest Income
- Form 1099-MISC, Miscellaneous Income (located in the “Other Common Income” section)
- Form 1099-OID, Original Issue Discount
- Form 1099-R, Distributions from Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Profit-Sharing Plans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, etc.
- If you receive more than one year-end tax package from Ameriprise, you must import each package separately. View "Import tax data" section below for step-by-step instructions.
- If you receive corrected tax documents additional imports or manual adjustments to your tax returns may be necessary. For more information see “If I receive a corrected tax document, will the updated tax data be available to import?” below.
- Supplemental statements or supplemental information are not available for electronic import because we are not required to report that information to the IRS. See the following question for more information.
Which tax information will NOT be available for import?
Information from the following tax documents, issued by Ameriprise, is not available for electronic import. If your tax package contains only the forms listed below, you will see receive an invalid log on error message after you enter your login credentials.
- Form 2439, Notice to Shareholder of Undistributed Long-Term Capital Gains
- Form 5498, IRA Contribution Information
- Form 5498-ESA, Coverdell ESA Contribution Information
- Form 1099-Q, Payments From Qualified Education Programs (Under Sections 529 and 530)
- Form 1097-BTC, Bond Tax Credit
- Form 1099-LTC, Long-Term Care and Accelerated Death Benefits
- Form 1099-SB, Seller’s Investment in Life Insurance Contract
- Form 1042-S, Foreign Person’s U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding
Additionally, supplemental statements and supplemental information are not available for import because we are not required to report that information to the IRS.
For example, ordinary loss for an Ameriprise Stock Market Certificate (SMC) reported on the Detail for Interest Income supplemental statement will not import and must be manually entered into the tax return. Ordinary loss reported on the Detail for Interest Income page may occur when the participation interest payment for a Stock Market Certificate is less than the total OID accrued during the term. There may also be ordinary loss reported on form 1099-B, Proceeds from Broker and Barter Exchange transactions if a client surrenders a Stock Market Certificate early, before the term-end. The Form 1099-B ordinary loss information is available for electronic import.
Please work with a qualified tax professional to ensure that you manually input all required and necessary information into your Federal or state tax return, as applicable.
What should I do if I receive more than one year-end tax package?
- If you receive more than one tax document package, as many clients will during the 2022 tax season, you will need to import the data from each package separately.
- For example, if you receive a tax document package that contains tax data from your IRA account (e.g. Form 1099-R) in early February, and in mid-February you receive tax data for your nonqualified brokerage account (e.g., Form 1099-DIV and Form 1099-B), you will need go through the data import process separately for each package.
- If you receive corrected tax documents additional imports or adjustments to your tax returns may be necessary. For more information, see “If I receive a corrected tax document, will the updated tax data be available to import?” below.
If I receive a corrected tax document, will the updated tax data be available to import?
- The tax data you import is the data we have available at the time of the import. If you receive corrected tax documents additional imports or manual adjustments to your tax returns may be necessary.
- Any corrected tax information will be available to import at the time the corrected tax document is mailed and the corrected data will overlay the original data when it’s imported, as long as no manual updates have been made*.
- We will mail you only the tax document that is being corrected or any new tax statements. If you previously received other 2022 tax documents that don’t require a correction, they will not be re-sent to you.
- The Package ID and Document ID which are your log-in credentials will always remain the same as they were on the year-end tax package. Any subsequent import using these log-in credentials will capture the most up-to-date tax data for all accounts with 2022 tax data available for import for that package, as long as no manual updates have been made*.
- If you receive a corrected tax document, follow the “Import tax data” steps below to import your updated tax data into your tax return. The updated data will replace your previously imported tax data, as long as no manual updates have been made*.
* Critical: If you imported tax data to your return and then made manual changes to it - for example, you added or changed a dollar amount or a date of purchase – the manually added or updated data will remain in your return and will not be automatically replaced when you import your amended tax package. To avoid data duplication, you will need to manually delete any of the documents that you made changes to before attempting to import again. Visit the intuit TurboTax support tab to learn how to manually delete tax data.
How can I get additional assistance?
- TurboTax Support: The link to TurboTax support is on their https://ttlc.intuit.com/ website. Use the TurboTax Help feature to search a question or keyword.
- TurboTax FAQs: The link to TurboTax FAQs is on their https://turbotax.intuit.com/resources/support/ website. Use this feature to browse helpful answers to common questions.
- TurboTax Contact us: The link to TurboTax Contact can be found on the https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/ website homepage. Use this feature to connect with the right TurboTax expert.
- If you have questions about the tax data that is provided from Ameriprise Financial during the import, please contact our Customer Service Center at 800.862.7919.