Choosing a financial advisor
Work with an Ameriprise advisor to plan for your future.
You’ve worked hard to save for your future and get to where you are today. But do you have the confidence that you are reaching your true financial potential?
It’s essential to find a financial advisor who understands that your life goes well beyond a spreadsheet. An Ameriprise advisor will use our Confident Retirement® approach to work with you to help you realize your financial goals. Helping you to live brilliantly both today and tomorrow.
How to find a financial advisor that's right for you
It's all about helping you be confident. Be inspired. Be Brilliant.® When you choose an Ameriprise financial advisor, you're beginning a lasting relationship. With approximately 10,000 advisors2 to choose from, it's important to find one that's ideal for you. Here are a few tips to help get you started:
- Begin with a few candidates.
- Check out their websites to get to know their backgrounds, credentials and experience.
- Set up some time to speak on the phone or meet in person.
- If referred by friends or family, ask what they like about working with them.
You can also search for advisors in your area and narrow your focus to advisors that can help you meet your unique needs and interests.
Once you find one that feels like a good fit for you, contact them to schedule your first meeting.
Before deciding, here are a few key questions to ask advisors:
- Do you work with people like me?
- What financial services do you provide?
- How do you charge for your services, and how much?
- How much contact do you have with your clients?
- How do you connect with your clients?
- What makes your practice unique?
- If it's important to you, ask about any hobbies, interests and associations
When you start working with an advisor, you'll have access to the wide range of products and services Ameriprise has to offer. Then, you'll be ready to track your progress via your ongoing advisor relationship.