How to find a financial advisor you can trust
You’ve worked hard and saved for your future. But it’s important to be able to balance today’s needs with tomorrow’s long-term goals so you can make good decisions about your full financial picture.
Work with an Ameriprise financial advisor to prepare for your future
Our financial advisors understand that your life goes beyond planning for the future. They’re focused on offering advice that helps you achieve your financial goals and needs and live for what’s most important to you today. It all starts with a complimentary initial consultation where you can get to know your financial advisor and learn how they can help you.
How do I begin looking for a financial advisor?
Trust is a key ingredient in any successful relationship. When you choose an Ameriprise financial advisor, you're beginning a lasting relationship that puts your best interests first.
With more than 10,000 Ameriprise financial advisors1 to choose from, finding one who's right for you starts by narrowing the field. Here are tips to help get you started:
- Begin with a few candidates.
- Check out their websites to get to know their backgrounds, credentials and experience.
- If referred by friends or family, ask what they like about working with their financial advisor.
Finding the right financial advisor begins with asking the right questions
Before choosing a financial advisor, have a conversation to get to know the advisor, learn how they can help you and decide whether the relationship is a right fit for you. Here are some questions and topics to address during your complimentary initial consultation:
- Do you work with clients like me?
- How can you help me achieve my short-term and long-term goals?
- What financial services do you provide?
- How do you charge for your services and what can I expect to pay?
- How often do you connect with your clients?
- How will I be able to track my progress and evaluate investment performance?
- If it's important to you, ask about any hobbies, interests and associations.
Finding an Ameriprise financial advisor is easy
We understand that finding a financial advisor or switching from your existing advisor can seem daunting at first. Having a no-obligation conversation about your financial situation and your goals can help you determine whether an Ameriprise financial advisor is the right fit for you. If you decide to work with us, we simplify the process with personal service and digital tools to make the transition seamless.
Once you start working with a financial advisor, you'll have access to a wide range of products and services. You’ll be on your way to a navigating the present, without losing sight of your financial future.
Or, request an appointment online to speak with an advisor.
At Ameriprise, the financial advice we give each of our clients is personalized, based on your goals and no one else's.
If you know someone who could benefit from a conversation, please refer me.
Background and qualification information is available at FINRA's BrokerCheck website.