- Ameriprise offers a variety of Certificates to help build cash reserves and provide guaranteed income.
- Certificates offer guaranteed rates and principal, no account fees, and flexible investment options.
- Low investment minimums start at just $50 per month.
Featured Certificate rates
Rates as of: Sept. 19, 2018
*Effective annual yield
Your cash has potential
A strong cash strategy is the foundation of a secure financial future. Learn how to build and maintain a cash reserve and more.
Explore our Cash Management Interactive Guide.Get Started
Choose the certificate that's right for you
You can select from five certificates, each designed to meet different needs. No matter which you choose, you’ll enjoy competitive certificate rates and flexible terms. An Ameriprise financial advisor can help you choose the certificate that aligns with your goals.
Do you have enough cash to meet your short term needs? Or have cash for an emergency?
The Ameriprise Cash Reserve Certificate is ideal for building and maintaining cash reserves.
- Guaranteed rates for 3 months at a time
- Low investment minimum of $1,000 lump sum or $50 per month
- No withdrawal penalties
- Add or withdraw money through the secure site on ameriprise.com
Building an accessible cash reserve is a smart way to meet day-to-day needs and help prepare for the unexpected. Ameriprise Cash Reserve Certificates offer a winning combination of principal protection, competitive returns, and liquidity to help you fund today’s needs while saving for tomorrow’s dreams.
- Learn more about Ameriprise Cash Reserve Certificates
Do you know what your cash is earning?
This fixed-rate investment offers attractive returns with a set interest rate.
- Term lengths range from 3 to 36 months
- Low investment minimum of $1,000
- Add up to 25% of the initial investment or renewal amount during the term
- Withdraw credited interest and up to 10% of your principal during the term without penalty
The Ameriprise Flexible Savings Certificate can also provide a predictable return and help you generate a reliable income stream. Balance your needs for liquidity and yield by laddering the terms to earn a higher rate of return.
Are you looking for ways to earn more on your cash if interest rates rise?
This certificate is ideal for investors looking to maximize yield while reducing the risk of missing out on rising interest rates.
- Term lengths of two, three and four years
- Opportunity for stepping-up to a higher rate when interest rates rise
- $5,000 minimum investment
- Withdraw any interest earned and up to 10% of your principal during the term without penalty
The Ameriprise Step-Up Rate Certificate provides peace of mind because you know you won’t be left behind when interest rates rise. You elect when to step up to the higher rate as the step-up is not automatic.
- Learn more about the Ameriprise Step-Up Rate Certificate
Are you interested in protecting your principal while participating in potential gains in the stock market?
This certificate offers interest tied to the potentially higher returns of the stock market.
- Participate in any increase of the stock market based on the S&P 500 Index1 while protecting your principal, up to a maximum return
- Your investment is guaranteed so you will not lose principal if the stock market declines
- Options include 1-year, 2-year, and 3-year term certificates
The Ameriprise Stock Market Certificate is ideal for those who want savings set aside for specific goals. Balance your needs for liquidity and yield by laddering the terms to earn a potentially higher rate of return.
Are you looking for ways to build your cash over time?
An Ameriprise Installment Certificate offers guaranteed interest rates and can help you achieve longer-term cash accumulation goals systematically with automatic monthly contributions of as little as $50 per month.
- Low investment minimum of $50 per month
- Earn a fixed rate of interest declared every three months
- Invest systematically to build your cash reserve
For more information view the Ameriprise Certificates at a glance