What is the Ameriprise Financial app?
The Ameriprise app is designed to work across certain iPhone and Android operating systems; it is also compatible with (but not optimized for) some tablets, including iPad. The app makes it easy to check account balances and recent activity, deposit checks, research market news and security quotes, contact your advisor and more. It's free and easy to use.
What devices are included?
Ameriprise Financial offers apps compatible with most devices on the following operating systems:
- Android - OS 7.0 and up
- Apple - iOS 12.0 and up
How do I download the Ameriprise app?
You can download the most recent version of the Ameriprise app directly from your mobile device by going to the app store available on your device.
You can also download the Ameriprise app by going to ameriprise.com/mobile from the web browser on your mobile device and choosing a download option.
How do I know I am downloading a legitimate app?
When downloading the Ameriprise app, ensure that Ameriprise Financial, Inc. is listed as the app publisher or seller. In addition, we recommend downloading apps from trustworthy sources only.
You can download the Ameriprise app by going to ameriprise.com/mobile from the web browser on your mobile device and choosing a download option.
How do you safeguard my information in the Ameriprise app?
The Ameriprise app for mobile devices is covered by safeguards like those we use to protect your privacy and security online.
How we protect you:
- We don't display full account numbers.
- We don't store your password on your device.
- We only store your User ID and advisor contact information on your device if you ask us to remember it.
- We may occasionally ask you to enter a one-time passcode to verify your identity.
- We utilize encryption and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to mask your sensitive information and ensure it is transmitted via a secure environment.
- We log you out after 5 minutes of inactivity.
- Your private information is automatically cleared from your device when you log out from the application.
In addition, you can help protect your information by following these steps:
- Use the log out action provided in our app.
- Use only wireless networks you trust.
- Do not share your password with others.
- Choose a strong, complex password.
- Do not use the same password for all your accounts.
View our Internet Privacy Statement or visit our Privacy & Security Center to learn more.
Are there any costs associated with using the Ameriprise app?
Our app is free. There are no fees to download or use it. Please check with your wireless provider about any potential carrier and web access charges.
What can I do with the Ameriprise app?
- View a snapshot of your total asset value, account summary, Total View, new documents, and your advisor’s contact information on the Homepage.
- Check account information, including balances, positions, and recent activity.
- Login with biometric authentication, like Face ID or Touch ID.
- View portfolio allocation and performance.
- View and download account and tax statements and financial, administrative, and shareholder documents.
- Scan and upload documents to share with your advisor.
- Electronically sign documents.
- Get a more complete financial picture by adding and viewing external accounts to Total View.
- Deposit checks into eligible Ameriprise accounts.
- Make one-time or recurring transfers between eligible Ameriprise accounts and external accounts.
- Add your bank accounts to transfer money.
- Research market news, security quotes, and historic charts.
- Create watchlists to track your portfolio and other securities.
- Communicate with your advisor using the Secure Message Center.
- Pay your bills.
- View your credit card balances, rewards, and recent activity.
- View your Meetings.
- Enroll in Ameriprise app notifications, which will alert you when certain actions occur (to access notifications, make sure to download and update the latest version of the Ameriprise app; see “How do I download the Ameriprise app?”).
- Contact your advisor or Customer Service.
- Find an advisor, if you don't already have one.
- Provide feedback to help us improve the Ameriprise app.
Additional features and functionality are being considered for future releases of the app.
What information do I need to log into the Ameriprise app?
You need the User ID and password you use to log in to ameriprise.com.
Why do I need to register on ameriprise.com before I can use the Ameriprise app?
Registering for the secure site on ameriprise.com enables many of the safeguards we use to protect your personal and account information – whether you access your information from the Ameriprise app or from ameriprise.com.
Can I register for online account access using the Ameriprise app?
No. At this time, registration for online account access can only be completed by going to ameriprise.com via a web browser.
Can I view all of my Ameriprise Financial accounts with the Ameriprise app?
At this time, most of the Ameriprise Financial products and accounts that display for you when you log in to ameriprise.com can also be viewed in the Ameriprise app.
For the most complete view of your Ameriprise Financial accounts, please log in to the secure site on ameriprise.com.
How do I log out or end my session?
You can log out at any time by touching the Log Out button. Also, by default, we will time out your session after 5 minutes of inactivity.
How can I reset my password if my User ID is locked?
To reset your password, tap the “Forgot User ID or Password” or call customer service at 800.862.7919.
Can I make or receive a call on my mobile device while logged into the Ameriprise Financial app?
If your mobile device supports that functionality, yes. If you make or answer a call while logged into the app, you will not be required to log in again as long as you return to the app within 5 minutes, our default timeout period.