Ameriprise® financial statements FAQ
For more information about your monthly or quarterly statement, view a visual representation of the statement.
If you have questions about the information on your statements or on this page, contact your Ameriprise financial advisor or a client service representative at 800.862.7919 7 a.m. – 9 p.m. Central time Monday–Friday and 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Central time on weekends.
Ameriprise monthly/quarterly statements
Ameriprise Financial is required to provide you with periodic statements of accounts and activity. However, not all product types or activity require that a monthly statement is provided. The statement frequency is based on the product and types of transactions within that product.
Financial statements for clients without brokerage accounts are generated on a random quarterly cycle.
Financial statements for clients with brokerage accounts are generated on a calendar quarterly cycle (March, June, September, and December), unless certain activity in a brokerage account triggers a monthly statement, if the client is signed up for e-delivery or if the client requests a monthly statement.
Any of the following transactions or activity within a brokerage account during the month will generate a statement at the end of the month:
- Funds transfers out of the account (systematic payouts, ACH, wires, and related wire fees)
- New account set up or account reactivation
- Deposits (cash, wire, securities, ACH, rollover)
- Transfers in (ACAT transfers from another financial institution, securities, journal, rollover)
- Ameriprise ONE® Financial Account features activity (check writing, returned checks, stop payment on checks, debit card, ATM, and other related transactions)
- Discretionary account activity (For example: Active Portfolios, Self-Managed Account)
- Money Market account activity (not including AIMMA sweep activity)
- Options activity
- Margin interest
- Wrap and Managed Account fees
- Trades (sales and purchases)
- Accounts that are part of a consolidated statement group or pension group
- Clients who are signed up for e-delivery of statements
If a brokerage account has only the activity listed below, the group will not receive a monthly statement. Only a quarterly statement will generate:
- Payment arrangements into an account (bank authorizations, payroll deductions, transfers from Ameriprise accounts)
- Transfers out (ACAT transfers to another financial institution, securities, journal, rollover)
- Dividends and reinvested dividends
- Interest payments (not margin interest)
- Custodial fees
- Fees for account inactivity
- AIMMA sweep account activity
- Non-traded REIT distributions
- Mutual fund mergers
- Bond maturation
- Corporate actions
Note: Clients who are signed up for e-delivery of financial statements or have requested to receive a monthly statement will receive a statement every month regardless of activity within the account.
You can choose to receive your financial statements online by signing up for e-delivery. From the secure site home page, choose Statements & Documents, then click on “update your delivery preferences.” You will receive an email when documents are ready to view online.
If you sign up for e-delivery you will receive a monthly statement regardless of accounts or activity.
The "Withdrawals" sub-section of "Account Activity Detail" provides information about all types of withdrawals out of your Ameriprise ONE Financial Account, including checks, ATM debits, and electronic payments.
Additional details for checks and electronic withdrawal transactions are found in the "Checks, Electronic Transfers (ACH) and ATM Activity" section which follows "Account Activity Detail". The check number is displayed in the "Reference" column and the payee for ACH or ATM activity is displayed in the "Description" column.
The best place to get a copy of your statement is on the secure site on ameriprise.com
- To access your statement(s), you must register for the secure site on ameriprise.com
- Once registered, log into the secure site on ameriprise.com
- In the My Accounts tab, click Statements & Documents
- Select the Account Statements folder
- Select the month(s) of the statement(s) you want to view
If you are not able to use ameriprise.com to get statement copies, you can request a statement reprint. See “How do I get more financial statement information or assistance?” below.
Critical: A $5 fee will be charged for all reprints sent out by client service.
The statement reprint will be an exact copy of an existing client statement sent to the address of record on that statement. If the address has been changed or any corrections made to the groups and/or its accounts, they will not appear in the reprinted statement but will be reflected on the next scheduled statement.
To protect your privacy, statement reprints cannot be e-mailed or faxed. The reprints must be mailed to the address of record and cannot be mailed to a third party.
Consolidated Statement Group (CST) groups can be created to accommodate printing a special financial statement as requested by clients who want to select which accounts appear on the same statement. CST groups can be created to combine or separate accounts on a statement.
Note: Accounts in Pension Groups are not eligible for special CST arrangements. Household and pension groups cannot be combined on one statement in a CST group. The statements have different formats and they cannot be combined for legal reasons.
If you would like to set up a CST group, see “How do I get more financial statement information or assistance?” below.
The financial statement has space for two of the group's account owners' names and client IDs to be listed on the top of the statement summary pages and mailer page. If there are more than two account owners in the group, two of the owners’ names are selected each time a statement is created, based on a set of rules and criteria built into our statement system.
If clients within the same group, who are over 18 years of age, open new accounts, either individually or jointly with other group members over 18 years of age, the names and client IDs on the summary and mailer pages of the statement may change.
If you would like to request specific names to be listed or change the order in which the names appear on the summary and mailer pages, see “How do I get more financial statement information or assistance?” below.
If you have questions about the information on your statements or on this page, or if you need assistance with statement requests, contact your Ameriprise financial advisor or a client service representative at 800.862.7919 7 a.m. – 9 p.m. Central time Monday–Friday and 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Central time on weekends.
Ameriprise annual statement
The Ameriprise annual financial statement is an online-only resource that provides a consolidated look at your Ameriprise Financial portfolio for the calendar year.
The Ameriprise annual financial statement includes:
- Portfolio review: Your portfolio’s current value, the progress of your portfolio and current distribution over asset classes
- Portfolio summary: A detailed listing of all your accounts by ownership for each of the owners within your household
- Account detail: In-depth information and activity for each account
Your Ameriprise annual financial statements for the past six years are available now through the secure site on ameriprise.com. Your 2015 annual statement will be available in January, 2016.
Your Ameriprise annual financial statement can be used for a variety of purposes:
- Quick access to your account activity for the year: See your portfolio progress at a glance and easily access specific transactions.
- Simplified financial records: Your Ameriprise annual financial statement can replace your quarterly or monthly financial statements from the past year in your files.
- End-of-year review: Discuss your progress, as well as any questions you may have about your portfolio with your financial advisor.
- To access your annual statement, you must register for the secure site on ameriprise.com
- Once registered, log in to the secure site on ameriprise.com
- In the My Accounts tab, click Statements & Document
- Select the Account Statements folder
- Select the calendar year for the annual statement (The Ameriprise annual financial statement will be available for six years).
A financial statement is a valuable tool that reflects your account at a specific point in time. Tax statements provide information that has or may have tax implications and needs to be taken into consideration when preparing tax returns. Each statement contains only the information that is relevant to its purpose, so you may notice different levels of detail in each statement. For instance, a tax statement may reflect the following:
- For fixed interest earning investments; when December 31st falls on a weekend the financial statement displays the value as of the last business day of the month while the tax statement incorporates the interest through Dec. 31.
Income reclassification when the tax designation of a payment is changed after the close of the year. This most commonly occurs with unit investment trusts (UITs) and real estate investment trusts (REITs).
- Spillover dividends occur when mutual fund dividends are declared in the fourth quarter of the year and payable the following January. These dividends are taxable in the prior year (the year declared).
- Sale transactions are shown on your financial statement by settlement date; however, they are shown and reported to the IRS by trade date on Form 1099-B, Proceeds from Broker and Barter Exchange Transactions.
- The cost basis information shown on the financial statement is provided as a service; it may not reflect all the adjustments needed for tax reporting purposes. However, for "covered" stock which is purchased and sold in 2011 or later, use the cost basis information that will be provided to you on IRS Form 1099-B when completing your tax return(s). See Cost basis reporting FAQ for more information on covered securities.