Individual major medical health insurance
- Individual major medical health insurance plans provide you and your family with financial protection and benefits
- An Ameriprise financial advisor can talk to you about a variety of options, based on your current situation
- Small-business owners can find the right plans for their employees with the help of an advisor
An Ameriprise advisor can talk to you about individual major medical health plans that provide you with:
- Coverage for preventive care, everyday care and unexpected illnesses and accidents
- A wide range of deductibles, coinsurance and out-of-pocket limits, so you can find a plan that fits your needs and budget
- Office visit copays and prescription drug copays
If you already took steps to protect your family from unforeseen medical expenses, remember to periodically assess your situation. Changes in your health, income and long-term goals mean the type of health insurance plan you need may have changed, too.
Options for small-business employers
Offering health care benefits allows small-business employers to attract and retain employees. But, finding the right plan to suit your employees’ unique needs can be a challenge.
Your Ameriprise financial advisor can talk to you about a variety of options, including:
- Traditional, fully-insured plans that provide broad benefits and financial protection
- Employer-funded plans that help small businesses gain control of their health care expenses
- Defined contribution solutions that allow employers to give employees a fixed-dollar amount to use toward eligible health coverage or expenses
Health insurance planning with Ameriprise Financial
When you discuss health insurance with an Ameriprise financial advisor, you’ll need to review information about your health and financial situation, including:
- Current health status to determine which plan will provide the benefits and coverage you need and want
- Current income to determine if you’re eligible for a premium tax credit through the Federal Marketplace
- Current need for additional coverage, like Dental and other supplemental products
After assessing your coverage needs, your financial advisor can direct you to the right health insurance plan for you.
Take the next step
To determine which health insurance plan is right for you, talk to a financial advisor.