- An annuity pays income in retirement, can provide a guaranteed death benefit and generally provides tax deferral.
- The five types of annuities - variable, structured, fixed index, fixed, and immediate - are designed to meet different income needs.
An annuity is a long-term insurance product. Many people purchase an annuity to provide a combination of protection through death benefit(s), tax deferral and income in retirement.
Depending on the type of annuity you purchase,you may benefit from tax-deferred growth, guaranteed retirement income and/or guaranteed death benefits.
Each of the five annuity types offers unique benefits for individual retirement income needs:
- Variable annuities offer the potential for greater income based on market performance. Variable annuities are complex investment vehicles that are subject to market risk, including the potential loss of principal invested.
- Structured annuities provide opportunities for growth and a level of protection that can help eliminate some of the risk that comes with investing.
- Fixed index annuities credit interest based on the performance of indexes using a cap or spread.
- Fixed annuities provide a guaranteed principal* and guaranteed interest, plus are generally tax deferred.
- Immediate annuities provide a specific amount of income for the rest of your life or for a specified length of time.
All guarantees are subject to the claims-paying ability of the issuing company. These guarantees do not apply to the investments in variable annuities, which will vary with market conditions.
Or, provide us with some information and our Ameriprise Advisor Center will follow up with you.
At Ameriprise, the financial advice we give each of our clients is personalized, based on your goals and no one else's.
If you know someone who could benefit from a conversation, please refer me.
Background and qualification information is available at FINRA's BrokerCheck website.
Not FDIC OR NCUA Insured
No Financial Institution Guarantee
May Lose Value