Enjoy independence along with support and resources
As a franchise advisor, you'll have outstanding income potential and the freedom to build equity in your own practice. Of course, you'll also cover the expenses of running your business and pay an association fee that enables you to leverage the recognition and goodwill associated with our strong national brand.
Advisors in the Ameriprise Franchise Group receive:
- Equity ownership opportunities
- Competitive payout rates up to 91%1 with deferred compensation potential
- The ability to leverage a respected national brand and proven turnkey marketing programs
- Office branding assistance and the opportunity to choose your own location
- Local and national support, including accessible leaders and an extended group of specialists (some available at an additional cost)
- Peer-to-peer mentoring, plus training and coaching, including CFP® certification support
- Access to financing for practice acquisition
- Succession planning resources
Enjoy the financial rewards
Our compensation model is designed to reward advisors for the experience and level of practice they bring. We offer extensive up-front bonus programs and potential back-end bonus plans to match your experience and book of business. We also understand client relationships extend way beyond their assets under management. That's why we provide payouts which apply to clients regardless of asset level.
Performance-based payout rates range from 72% to 91% of GDC.
Initial fixed payouts for a guaranteed term are based on multiple factors. Additional compensation and bonus opportunities may be available.
No company-provided benefits
Practice expenses paid fully by the advisor:
- One-time franchise fee of $1,500
- Monthly association fee of $290
- Errors and omissions premium (varies by level of selected coverage)
- Compliance supervision fee (varies by practice complexity)
- Additional fees and expenses do apply; a listing of estimated fees and expenses is available upon request
FINRA Series 7 and Series 63 or 66 required to start
Given 120 days after appointment to obtain additional required licenses (Series 65/66 and life/health insurance licenses)