The independence you want, the support you need
You’re an entrepreneur – and we honor that spirit that drives you. Our Ultimate Advisor Partnership provides the end-to-end support you need to grow your practice, without changing what has made you successful.
We give you the freedom, guidance and end-to-end support to run your practice your way — helping you grow, while developing even deeper relationships with clients. You’ll also have the flexibility to choose how to structure your practice — work as a sole practitioner, create your own team or join an existing team.
Ameriprise Independent Advisors receive:
- Equity ownership opportunities
- Competitive payout rates up to 91%1 with deferred compensation potential
- The ability to leverage a respected national brand and proven turnkey marketing programs
- Office branding assistance and the opportunity to choose your own location
- Local and national support, including strong leaders and an extended group of specialists (some available at an additional cost)
- Peer-to-peer mentoring, award-winning learning and development opportunities, including CFP® certification support
- Access to financing for practice acquisition, for qualified advisors
- Succession planning resources
Enjoy the financial rewards
Our compensation model is designed to reward advisors for the experience and level of practice they bring.
- We offer extensive up-front bonus programs and potential back-end bonus plans to match your experience and book of business.
- We also provide payouts that apply to clients regardless of asset level, because we understand client relationships extend far beyond their assets under management.
Performance-based payout rates range from 72% to 91% of GDC.
Initial fixed payouts for a guaranteed term are based on multiple factors. Additional compensation and bonus opportunities may be available.
No company-provided benefits
Practice expenses paid fully by the advisor:
- One-time franchise fee of $1,500
- Monthly association fee of $290
- Errors and omissions premium (varies by level of selected coverage)
- Compliance supervision fee (varies by practice complexity)
- Additional fees and expenses do apply; a listing of estimated fees and expenses is available upon request
FINRA Series 7 and Series 63 or 66 required to start
Given 120 days after appointment to obtain additional required licenses (Series 65/66 and life/health insurance licenses)