- Which operating systems work best with Ameriprise websites?
- What are the browser requirements for accessing my accounts online?
- What can I do if some areas of your website are not displaying correctly?
- What should I do if I can't access the site?
- What does it mean to clear my browser's cache and how do I do it?
- Why can I access my accounts at home, but not at work?
- Can I use favorites or bookmarks?
- Do your sites use pop-up windows?
Our websites are currently optimized for use with the supported operating systems noted below.
Using a supported operating system provides you with the most secure experience and helps ensure our websites display correctly.
- Microsoft Windows:
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- 10.9 (Maverick)
- 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
- 10.7 (Lion)
- 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- 10.5 (Leopard)
- iOS 7
A supported browser: Our sites are best viewed with a modern version of one of the supported browsers listed below.
To upgrade your browser or try a different one, select a link below:
- 128-bit encryption: Also called domestic, U.S.-grade or strong encryption, this encodes information so it cannot be read without decoding.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) version 3.0 protocol: This ensures that communication between your computer and our web server can't be interrupted or intercepted by an unauthorized user.
- Cookies enabled: This allows the site to recognize you.
If the browser you are using is Internet Explorer, some areas of ameriprise.com — including the secure site — might display incorrectly if Compatibility View is turned on in your browser settings.
To help ensure that the website displays correctly, try one of the options below:
- Check to see if Compatibility View is turned on. If it is, turn it off. Get instructions.
- Access our site using a different browser, such as Chrome or Firefox.
There are several solutions that may resolve this particular issue:
- Clear your browser's cache.
- Make sure your system date and time are correct.
- Edit your Bookmark, or Favorite, to ensure you have not bookmarked a secure page. You may have bookmarked an out-of-date location.
- Download the latest service pack for your browser.
- Make sure your browser's privacy settings are set to medium.
Your browser stores recently visited web pages in a cache directory on your hard drive to save time and allow pages to load faster. Occasionally, some saved information can become corrupted and cause problems when a page is loading or the browser attempts to run a web page application. Clearing the cache replaces the corrupt information by reloading pages directly from the server. Please consult your browser's help section for instructions.
You could be hitting your company's firewall, which was set up to protect your company network from unauthorized Internet activity. Check with your network administrator to see if your company has access restrictions and if they can be lifted for access to our site. Home computer firewalls may also prevent you from accessing your accounts online.
We recommend that you only bookmark ameriprise.com, which contains a login box to access your accounts.
This site may use pop-up windows for some information. We recommend that you configure pop-up blocking software to exclude our sites.