Connect with us on social media
Rules of engagement when interacting with the Ameriprise brand
Because the financial services industry is highly regulated, there are certain rules we need to follow on social media websites where we have a presence. We ask that you respect these rules as well. Posts and comments that do not comply will be removed at our discretion.
- Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. is a registered investment advisor as well as a broker-dealer and member of FINRA. Comments and "likes" by visitors to its social media pages should not be considered representative of all client experiences, or indicative of future performance or success. Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. does not solicit endorsements of its investment advisory services via wall comments and "likes," and asks you to refrain from doing so.
- Linking to third-party/external content, including retweeting, is for informational purposes only and does not necessarily represent or reflect the views or opinions of Ameriprise Financial, Inc., its affiliates, employees or advisors. Providing links to third-party content should not be construed as an express or implied endorsement of content.
- Ameriprise Financial may not be able to respond to your posts. This is not because we aren't interested but because we must adhere to strict communications guidelines. We'll do our best to create a valuable and useful space for you on our social media properties.
- Please do not post investment advice (like specific stock or fund recommendations), testimonials (statements about your experience with Ameriprise Financial or its advisors), account information, or ask specific financial questions on Ameriprise Financial social media properties, including the business social media properties of our financial advisors. Contact your Ameriprise financial advisor directly with specific questions. If you are a client, but do not have a financial advisor, contact us to speak with one of our customer service representatives. Not a client? Find an advisor who is right for you.
- Posts and comments should be respectful and related to the purpose of the topic at hand. Posts that aren't up to snuff (posts that are inappropriate, disrespectful, inaccurate, off topic, or otherwise do not meet these guidelines) will be removed.
- Current Ameriprise Financial employees and advisors may not post comments without permission. (If you have permission, you know who you are.) While we appreciate your enthusiasm for your work and workplace, regulations require approval through established channels for any content posted to official Ameriprise Financial social media properties.
- Ameriprise Financial wants to help you protect your privacy. While we maintain a presence on social media websites, we are not affiliated with them and we cannot control how they or other parties will use the information you share on it. In other words, it’s up to you to read and understand the privacy policies and terms of service for each social media platform you participate in. Posts on our social media properties will be reviewed by Ameriprise Financial and treated according to terms of our privacy notice at www.ameriprise.com/privacy. Our pages are intended for US residents only.
Rules of engagement when interacting with Ameriprise advisors
When you communicate with an Ameriprise Financial advisor on social media websites, there are a few extra rules that you need to know, and that we ask you to follow.
- Comments and "likes" should not be considered representative of client experiences, or indicative of future performance or success.
- While advisors appreciate the support of their clients, they cannot accept Recommendations or Endorsements due to Investment Advisers Act of 1940 rules, which prohibit them from publishing a testimonial of any kind concerning the investment advice, analysis, reporting or other services they provide.
- Advisors very much value client endorsements and referrals, and welcome your endorsements for the skills that they have listed on their profiles. Due to industry regulations, they are unable to accept or display endorsements for skills not listed on their profiles. Therefore, please only endorse advisors for the specific skills they list on their profiles.
- For your privacy, please don't post account or service-related information on an advisor’s social media page or website. Instead, contact the advisor directly.
Rules of engagement when interacting with Ameriprise recruiters
There are a few pieces of information we would like you to know whenever you interact with an Ameriprise recruiter.
- Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. is a broker-dealer, and accordingly a member FINRA and SIPC.
- Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. is a registered investment adviser, for purposes of making available investment advisory products and services.
- Neither comments nor "likes" on any Ameriprise branded page, including those of advisors, should be considered representative of client experiences, or indicative of future performance or success.