Personal trust services offered by Ameriprise Bank, FSB
Trusts are often the outcome of a well-thought-out estate plan. They allow you to direct how your assets are managed during your life and after your death - and aren't just for the wealthy.
Trusts can be used in a variety of ways, including:
- Controlling asset distributions (especially for minor children) over time
- Protecting heirs from family disputes
- Providing for a disabled or special needs family member
- Charitable donations
- Managing assets in the event you become incapacitated
How we can help
Creating a trust is a collaborative effort involving you, an Ameriprise Financial advisor along with tax and estate lawyers. In addition, Ameriprise Bank, FSB provides professional fiduciary services to help ensure the legacy you desire is carried out according to your wishes.
We can take care of the step-by-step details of maintaining, monitoring and reporting for you, including:
|Accounting and tax reporting||
Ameriprise trust solutions
Revocable trusts provide the most flexible options:
- Alter, amend, or revoke the trust terms whenever you choose
- Provide privacy and help simplify your estate settlement – particularly if you own property in more than one state
- Helpful if you are injured or incapacitated and can't manage your own financial affairs
Irrevocable trusts cannot be changed once established, but offer these benefits:
- Provide estate tax savings or liability protection for family members
- Reduce the size of your estate by gifting assets to your family via the trust
- Fundable during your life as well as after your death
Created as part of your will, testamentary trusts only take effect after your passing.
- May help reduce estate taxes
- Enable you to exercise control over how your assets will be used after your death
Charitable trusts are irrevocable trusts designed to ultimately benefit a chosen charity.
- Defer capital gains taxes on appreciated assets
- Reduce your estate tax liability and provide an income stream for you or another individual
Specialty trusts are used in unique circumstances:
- Special needs/supplemental trusts can provide for heirs with physical or developmental disabilities
- Protect the interests of unmarried life partners
- If you use a professional trustee, a specialty trust can help ensure the tax deferral of your IRA assets for your heirs after your death
Or, provide us with some information and our Ameriprise Advisor Center will follow up with you.
At Ameriprise, the financial advice we give each of our clients is personalized, based on your goals and no one else's.
If you know someone who could benefit from a conversation, please refer me.
Background and qualification information is available at FINRA's BrokerCheck website.
Ameriprise Bank, FSB provides deposit, lending, and personal trust products and services to its customers, including clients of Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC. (“AFS”). Ameriprise Bank, FSB and AFS are subsidiaries of Ameriprise Financial, Inc. AFS financial advisors may receive compensation for selling bank products.
Ameriprise Bank, FSB personal trust services ("APTS") works with other subsidiaries of Ameriprise Financial, Inc., including Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC ("AFS"), to offer a broad range of financial products and services. APTS and its affiliates provide written disclosures that describe these relationships and the potential conflicts of interest that may exist among the bank, AFS financial advisors and/or its affiliated companies in the Ameriprise Financial Client Relationship Guide, the Ameriprise Managed Accounts Client Disclosure Brochure or the Ameriprise Managed Accounts and Financial Planning Service Client Disclosure Brochure. These documents clearly describe the revenues received by AFS and its affiliates and the sources of those revenues, as well as the sources of compensation received by AFS financial advisors. These documents are available at https://www.ameriprise.com/disclosures. For additional important information and disclosures, please reference Ameriprise Bank, FSB Disclosures Applicable to Personal Trust Services.
Neither Ameriprise Bank, FSB nor AFS financial advisors offer to give legal or tax advice. For specific legal or tax matters, clients should consult with their own legal and/or tax advisors.
Investment products are not insured by the FDIC, NCUA or any federal agency, are not deposits or obligations of, or guaranteed by any financial institution, and involve investment risks including possible loss of principal and fluctuation in value.
Investment advisory products and services are made available through Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC, a registered investment adviser.
Ameriprise Financial Services, LLC. Member FINRA and SIPC.
Ameriprise Bank, FSB. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender.