What is the Ameriprise Bank Savings Account?
The Ameriprise Bank Savings Account is an FDIC insured,1 digital savings account offered in individual and joint ownership categories.
Features of the savings account include:
- Fully digital account that you interact with through secure site and the Ameriprise Financial app2
- Service and support available from the Ameriprise Bank Customer Service Center
- Easy application through the secure site on ameriprise.com
- A pre-populated application with your data for a seamless customer experience
- Minimum opening deposit of $100
- No monthly maintenance fees3
- Competitive Annual Percentage Yield (“APY”) compared to other large national banks
Is the Ameriprise Bank Savings Account FDIC insured1?
Yes, the Ameriprise Bank Savings Account is FDIC insured1 up to applicable limits. You can find more information on "Your Insured Deposits" via the following link to the insurance brochure on the FDIC site: https://www.fdic.gov/regulations/resources/brochures/your_insured_deposits-english.html.
How do I know if a savings account is right for me?
The Ameriprise Bank Savings Account is a valuable solution for those who:
- Prefer the convenience of consolidating financial assets with one company
- Want to have cash in an FDIC insured1 account for safety and security
- Use secure site and the Ameriprise Financial app and value the convenience of digital banking
- Hold cash to meet short-term needs, to build an emergency fund, or to hold cash for future investment
- Seek a competitive return on savings deposits
What do I need to apply for a savings account?
To apply for a savings account, you will need:
- To be 18 years of age or older
- To be a U.S. citizen or resident alien
- A valid Social Security number or Taxpayer ID
- A valid U.S. residential address, phone number, and email address
If you have questions, please call the Ameriprise Bank Customer Service Center for assistance at 800.862.7919.