Secure Site Registration, User ID, Password FAQs
Registration, user IDs and passwords
Your user ID must contain:
- Five to 20 characters
- At least one letter
- No spaces and no special characters, such as: & > * $ @
Your password must contain:
- Six to 16 characters
- At least one letter
- At least one number
- At least one special character, such as: ! & * $ @
- You will need your SSN or tax ID# to complete this process.
- Please remember to select an account from the “Select an Account” dropdown list.
If you forgot your password, you must reset it.
- In order to reset your password, you will need your User ID.
- If you do not have your User ID, contact us at 800.862.7919.
For your protection, online access to your account will be temporarily suspended if:
- You entered the wrong user ID and/or password multiple times
- You entered the wrong security validation question or the wrong security validation answer multiple times
To re-instate your access, contact us at 800.862.7919.
All public facing pages on ameriprise.com will scale to fit any screen size - smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer. However, when you log in to the secure site to view your account information, the secure pages on ameriprise.com are not responsive and will not adjust to your device type. To view your account information from a mobile or tablet device, please download the Ameriprise App. Learn more about the Ameriprise App
There are several solutions that may resolve this issue:
- Clear your browser’s cache.
- Make sure your system date and time are correct.
- Edit your Bookmark, or Favorite, to ensure you have not bookmarked a secure page. You may have bookmarked an out-of-date location.
- Check to make sure you have the most recent version of one of the supported browsers. See “What are the browser requirements for accessing my accounts online” for a full list of supported browsers.
- Make sure your browser’s privacy settings are set to medium.
Our websites are currently optimized for use with the supported operating systems noted below.
Using a supported operating system provides you with the most secure experience and helps ensure our websites display correctly.
- Windows 7 and above
- 10.10 and above
- iOS 8 and above
A supported browser: Our sites are best viewed with a modern version of one of the supported browsers listed below. To upgrade your browser or try a different one, select a link below:
- 128-bit encryption: Also called domestic, U.S.-grade or strong encryption, this encodes information so it cannot be read without decoding.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) version 3.0 protocol: This ensures that communication between your computer and our web server can’t be interrupted or intercepted by an unauthorized user.
- Cookies enabled: This allows the site to recognize you.
Your browser stores recently visited web pages in a cache directory on your hard drive to save time and allow pages to load faster. Occasionally, some saved information can become corrupted and cause problems when a page is loading or the browser attempts to run a web page application. Clearing the cache replaces the corrupt information by reloading pages directly from the server.
Please consult your browser’s help section for instructions.
You could be hitting your company’s firewall, which was set up to protect your company network from Internet activity. Check with your network administrator to see if your company has access restrictions and if they can be lifted for access to our site.
Home computer firewalls may also prevent you from accessing your accounts online.