Planning Your Succession
Benefits of our Sunset Program - Branch Advisor
- Opportunity to earn up to 250% of your production.
- Compensation can be paid to a deceased advisor’s estate or beneficiary.
This program also offers qualifying advisors* a three-year plan to make a smooth transition to the firm in anticipation of a planned exit from the business. First, join Ameriprise Financial as an experienced advisor — then, after three years, you can work with your field leader to transition your practice to an advisor you select.
*Advisors must be affiliated with Ameriprise for 3 or more years to qualify.
Benefits of our Selling Program - Independent Advisor
When you’ve decided on what’s next, we can help you unlock the equity you’ve built in your practice and transfer your accounts to a successor who will take care of your clients. You can exit the business in two ways: either over time to maintain income, or by selling directly through our internal market of buyers.
The right succession strategy for you depends on your personal objectives:
- Practice valuation — our team will help you understand what your practice is worth, based on our experience and industry knowledge.
- Choosing a successor — as we learn more about your practice, we’ll help you identify advisors who share your values.
- Timing — you’ll have the flexibility to choose whether you transition over time, team with an advisor or scale back and work with select clients.